Ponies and Props

UPDATE:
Over the last 4 hours, I’ve been building a pepakura model of a Warlock’s helmet in Destiny, since I’m never happy with having just one cosplay from this game. I should be able to finish the model tomorrow, as the majority of it is build. After that, I’ll coat it in polyester resin to strengthen it a bit, coat the inside with Rondo (a homemade mixture of polyester resin and Bondo auto body filler) to make it practically bulletproof, then try casting it. That’s all. Bye!

UPDATE:

Over the last 4 hours, I’ve been building a pepakura model of a Warlock’s helmet in Destiny, since I’m never happy with having just one cosplay from this game. I should be able to finish the model tomorrow, as the majority of it is build. After that, I’ll coat it in polyester resin to strengthen it a bit, coat the inside with Rondo (a homemade mixture of polyester resin and Bondo auto body filler) to make it practically bulletproof, then try casting it. That’s all. Bye!

51. Cast Hunter’s Knife
Etsy Page: Link
Yay! I am finally on the level of mas production! Just on Sunday, I cast my first hunter’s knife from Destiny, and have cast 3 more since! One of the bumps I encountered along the way with this project was making the second half of the mold, as my mold release didn’t work. Essentially, I was stuck with a big, expensive block of silicone rubber. But, with a trick I’d previously saw in a tutorial, I cut a zig-zag pattern along the side of the mold, made it a little deeper, and finally pried out the original foam copy. Then, it was a simple matter of pouring in some resin and cleaning up the copies. And, since they’re plastic, they can be spray painted! Unfortunately, with the nylon rope around the handle, the top hole for your pinkie is a little tight; I had to cut myself out of the finished casting above! Either way, I could barely be happier with my results, and I hope whoever buys these casts is too. Bye!

51. Cast Hunter’s Knife

Etsy Page: Link

Yay! I am finally on the level of mas production! Just on Sunday, I cast my first hunter’s knife from Destiny, and have cast 3 more since! One of the bumps I encountered along the way with this project was making the second half of the mold, as my mold release didn’t work. Essentially, I was stuck with a big, expensive block of silicone rubber. But, with a trick I’d previously saw in a tutorial, I cut a zig-zag pattern along the side of the mold, made it a little deeper, and finally pried out the original foam copy. Then, it was a simple matter of pouring in some resin and cleaning up the copies. And, since they’re plastic, they can be spray painted! Unfortunately, with the nylon rope around the handle, the top hole for your pinkie is a little tight; I had to cut myself out of the finished casting above! Either way, I could barely be happier with my results, and I hope whoever buys these casts is too. Bye!

I’m goin’ to PAX, motherfuckers!

I’m goin’ to PAX, motherfuckers!

C’est fini!

C’est fini!

UPDATE:
The Pocket Infinity is almost finished! All I need to do now is paint the light grey areas and a few details.

UPDATE:

The Pocket Infinity is almost finished! All I need to do now is paint the light grey areas and a few details.

UPDATE:
Okay, so I’m actually leaving on Saturday, so I have one more day to work with. I’ve done the black and grey parts of the gun, and a bit of the gold, but I still have most of back to finish.

UPDATE:

Okay, so I’m actually leaving on Saturday, so I have one more day to work with. I’ve done the black and grey parts of the gun, and a bit of the gold, but I still have most of back to finish.

UPDATE:
I’ve just primed the Pocket Infinity. Since tomorrow I’m leaving for Chelan, where I will have my photoshoot for the Hunter cosplay, I’ve got to paint this one pretty fast, and some of the details I might leave off until I get back, so I can make it properly. That’s all. Bye!

UPDATE:

I’ve just primed the Pocket Infinity. Since tomorrow I’m leaving for Chelan, where I will have my photoshoot for the Hunter cosplay, I’ve got to paint this one pretty fast, and some of the details I might leave off until I get back, so I can make it properly. That’s all. Bye!

UPDATE:

I’ve finished carving the Pocket Infinity, for the most part, today. All that’s left are the pipes that you can see in the reference picture above, which I think I’ll make out of jewelry wire, since it’ll be the right color and flexibility to form it into the pipes. That is all. Bye!

I’ve decided to make the Pocket Infinity fusion rifle instead of the Monte Carlo. I’ve got the top assembly and the rail and scope carved out, but not much else.

I’ve decided to make the Pocket Infinity fusion rifle instead of the Monte Carlo. I’ve got the top assembly and the rail and scope carved out, but not much else.

Well, the Doctor Who season premiere wasn’t that good.